Moving issues into/out of version makes Greenhopper incorrect

Nicklas Kittelmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2011

If I create an issue today and set the original estimate to 0 hours (since I don't know how long time it takes). Then tomorrow another user sets the original time estimate to 200 hours.

If I assign it to our current developed version a month from now (say 7 Jan 2012), Greenhopper seems to display something weird.

What I expect to see is a bump in the Chart Board at the 7th of January since I added 200 hours worth of work then. But as far as it seems, I do get a bump on the 8th of December since the original time estimate was done at that date. But I don't care about which date that the time estimate was added at since it wasn't part of the version then.

The Greenhopper Hour Burndown Chart shows a lot of bumps since a lot of the issues we're working on are reported during the sprint, and not before the sprint.

Am I understanding this correctly?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicklas Kittelmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2012

The blog by Jeison does somewhat explain it. However, what it does say is that it doesn't work the way I want it to work... so no, this does not work in Greenhopper. Sadly.

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2012

Hey Nicklas,

I've just read a blog post that might help you understand how GreenHopper deals with scope change. Have a look here.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer