Moving issues into/out of version makes Greenhopper incorrect

If I create an issue today and set the original estimate to 0 hours (since I don't know how long time it takes). Then tomorrow another user sets the original time estimate to 200 hours.

If I assign it to our current developed version a month from now (say 7 Jan 2012), Greenhopper seems to display something weird.

What I expect to see is a bump in the Chart Board at the 7th of January since I added 200 hours worth of work then. But as far as it seems, I do get a bump on the 8th of December since the original time estimate was done at that date. But I don't care about which date that the time estimate was added at since it wasn't part of the version then.

The Greenhopper Hour Burndown Chart shows a lot of bumps since a lot of the issues we're working on are reported during the sprint, and not before the sprint.

Am I understanding this correctly?

2 answers

1 accepted

The blog by Jeison does somewhat explain it. However, what it does say is that it doesn't work the way I want it to work... so no, this does not work in Greenhopper. Sadly.

Hey Nicklas,

I've just read a blog post that might help you understand how GreenHopper deals with scope change. Have a look here.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

57 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you