Missing values for added stories in Sprint Report

Peter Dittman June 2, 2013

Generally, the Greenhopper Sprint Report shows a "-" for stories with no story points, though there are situations where the story detail shows the story has story points, yet the sprint report lists it as not having points. I think this affects only stories added to the sprint after the sprint starts (yes, I know, not good, but it's reality).

After some further tests, if a story has story points before it is added to an open sprint, it's shown with those points in the Sprint Report.

However, if a story is added to an open sprint, and is sized after it's in the open sprint, then it's reported as not having a size in the Sprint Report.

While the software functions as implemented, this doesn't seem correct. The story has a size and should be reported, regardless of when that size was set. Worse, the burndown chart shows the increase in scope, regardless of whether the story was sized before or after being added to the open sprint. At the very least, these two behaviors ought to be consistent...

Can I/we get a reading on this? sounds like a bug in the Sprint Report (it should report the size, regardless of when the size was set)...

thanks.

-Peter

1 answer

1 vote
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2013

Hi Peter,

This is actually a restriction on the Sprint Report, as you can see in our documentation on Sprint Report:

For some issues, the Story Points are not shown in the Sprint Report. This is because the Sprint Report shows information initially included in the sprint – that is, what the team actually committed to. (That being said, if you add an issue with zero story points to a sprint, start the sprint and then change the Story Points, you will see the initial value in the Sprint Report.) If you would like to see all changes, switch to the Burndown Chart instead.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Suggest an answer