Migrating, exporting filters - how to?

Hi All,

we migrated one Jira instance to another.

Many users requested whether the filters used in the old Jira can be migrated to he new instance.

How van we do that? Is it possible?

4 answers

What about a partial migration to an existing instance with projects, where a full restore is not possible? We are able to import the projects, issues, user, etc. but the filters remain on the old instance. Isn't there a way to export/import particular filters/dashboards? Thanks!

Renjith Pillai Community Champion Jan 29, 2013

Dashboards - no.

Filters - I can think about using REST service to export from one and to create also using REST to the other. But all filters will come under one username.

just imagine...

filters could contain queries on more than only one project....

how should the import procedure validate that all dependencies are met to be able importing filters or dashboards (using filters etc...)

i.e. if only one project or issue-type doesn't exist that is used in your jql the filter is useless anyway.

just as Jobin mentioned...you will restore all content using the "Full Export & Restore" Step...

0 vote

When JIRA was migrated, filters should have been migrated too. Migration is always "full migration". What procedure did you use for migration?

I have a similar question, but it's not related to a migration. We have a QA environment and a Production environment. We of course do all our work in Production, so that's where all our filters and dashboards have been created.

Our QA environment is a seperate environment, and it was created long ago. I want to export what I have in Production so I can import it into our QA environment.

I'm not a JIRA Admin, I'm a user. I asked our admins, but they said it's not possible. This means I have to manually recreate all the things that have been done in our Production environment.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published yesterday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

372 views 6 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot