Migrating data from OnDemand to OnPremise JIRA Installation

Tudor Hofnar January 22, 2013

I am trying to export our JIRA data from OnDemand, so we can import it to our new OnPremise installation of JIRA. The export went fine and I placed the file in the correct location on the server. Now when I clicked restore I got this:

The xml data you are trying to import seems to be from a newer version of JIRA. This will not work.

Now, what can I do about this? Our OnPremise is v5.2.4.1 and I have already created custom fields, screens etc. and would like to not lose all these things by having to install another version of JIRA. What can I do? I only need the epics, issues and subtasks from our OnDemand version...can I get some help with this?

How do I import?!?!? :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

As you have set up configurations on your on-premise jira (target jira) instance you will have to perform a project import rather than a full import. In any case, for you to perform an xml import, both jira versions (source and destination must be same)

So in your case, I would recommend setting up a test instance at the same jira version of your ondemand version. Now import the xml backup taken from on demand on this test instance. Upgrade the test instance to 5.2.4.1 and then take export from test instance and import it on the production on-premise instance 5.2.4.1

THIS will be a time consuming process but the only way to achieve what you want.

Rahul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events