I am trying the local help for Jira 4.4.3.
Thus I follow this guidline https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Local+JIRA+documentation
1. Downloaded the XML package from the link in that guidline "JIRA 4.4 Documentation (XML from Confluence 4.1.3) 20120116.zip"
2. Put it in the required location "C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\import"
3. As Jira Admin, restore system with the above zip file.
4. System presents error:
- Error importing data: org.xml.sax.SAXException: The XML document does not contain the root element or it was closed too early.
- Error importing data: org.xml.sax.SAXException: The XML document does not contain the <entity-engine-xml> root element or it was closed too early.
Seems the XML in that package is from 4.1.3 and not compatiple with my Jira?
Where can I have the correct package, or did I make some mistake please?
I think you have misunderstood the documentation
The XML file is for CONFLUENCE, not Jira. Import it into Confluence. Jira is not a documentation system, it's reading the XML and telling you that it's not actually for Jira, so it can't use it.
Thanks Nic, for the very quick response.
My company's old Jira system is 3.x and currently apply the local help.
By this way, selecting the question icon beside the fields in screens would popup ourself help texts.
(It doesn't open the links to atlassian online help)
What should I do with 4.4.3 to have this function?
Hi awesome community! In this article, I would like to describe the one of the toolset (service) for the analyze some problems on different Java-based instances, of course, as Atlassian admini...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG