Local help - Can not restore the XML file - Jira 4.4.3

Tuan Vo August 28, 2012

Hi all,

I am trying the local help for Jira 4.4.3.

Thus I follow this guidline https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Local+JIRA+documentation

1. Downloaded the XML package from the link in that guidline "JIRA 4.4 Documentation (XML from Confluence 4.1.3) 20120116.zip"

2. Put it in the required location "C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\import"

3. As Jira Admin, restore system with the above zip file.

4. System presents error:

- Error importing data: org.xml.sax.SAXException: The XML document does not contain the root element or it was closed too early.

- Error importing data: org.xml.sax.SAXException: The XML document does not contain the <entity-engine-xml> root element or it was closed too early.

Seems the XML in that package is from 4.1.3 and not compatiple with my Jira?

Where can I have the correct package, or did I make some mistake please?

Thanks,
TuanVo.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2012

I think you have misunderstood the documentation

The XML file is for CONFLUENCE, not Jira. Import it into Confluence. Jira is not a documentation system, it's reading the XML and telling you that it's not actually for Jira, so it can't use it.

Tuan Vo August 28, 2012

Thanks Nic, for the very quick response.

My company's old Jira system is 3.x and currently apply the local help.

By this way, selecting the question icon beside the fields in screens would popup ourself help texts.

(It doesn't open the links to atlassian online help)

What should I do with 4.4.3 to have this function?

Thanks,

Tuan.

Tuan Vo August 29, 2012

screen shot of local help in Jira 3.x

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events