Jira doesn´t log out

Fernando Pereira June 16, 2014

We have configured the apache to log in using LDAP (AD). Once you log on through apache, JIRA gets the information and logs in automatically.
The problem is that JIRA doesn t log out after that. It stays logged, even if you try to force a log out. What can we do to solve that? This happened using Google Chrome.

4 answers

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

Out of curiosity - why are you doing ldap authentication in Apache instead of JIRA? You'll get better tooling if you do it in JIRA... (group and email support). Right now won't people have to log in twice?

0 votes
Fernando Pereira June 16, 2014

Here is my configuration in apache:

<Location /jira>

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Please enter your login and password"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://xxxxxxxxxxx:3268/dc=xxxx,dc=xxx,dc=xxx,dc=xx?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=organizationalPerson)" NONE
AuthLDAPBindDN cn=xxxxxxx,ou=xxxxxxxx,ou=xxxxxxxxxxx,dc=xxx,dc=xxx,dc=xxx,dc=xx
AuthLDAPBindPassword "xxxxxxx"

AuthLDAPGroupAttribute member
AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN on

AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off

require valid-user

Allow from All

RequestHeader unset Authorization

</Location>

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2014

I suspect it's what I ran into when I used a custom authenticator - it logs out ok, but lands on a page which says "you can log in"... so it does.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

Hi Fernando, can you give us more details about your LDAP-Apache integration? Are you using any kind of IWA implementation in JIRA or Apache, such as a custom authenticator to enable NTLM?

Cheers

Suggest an answer