Jira-Stash Integration: Login Problem

Martin Röbert August 30, 2012

I did set up Jira and Stash and they're all running fine. I use Jira as user directory for Stash and this works as well.

But I am logged in in Jira it is not possible to access Stash; I have to log in first. As a result I am logged out from Jira and vice versa.

My question: Is that behaviour intended or should it be possible to go from Jira to Stash without a user break (as the users are the same).

Thanks in advance,

Martin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Röbert October 9, 2012

Hi,

problem seems to be the cookies and the same context path.

"We've already seen this issue before and it is caused by multiple Atlassian applications (or other Java web applications) being located at the same hostname and context path and overwriting each others JSESSIONID cookies.

As a workaround you need to modify Stash Context Path to a different one[...]"

Another workaround is to check the Remember me box in both applications - works very fine without changing the context path.

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2012

Hi, if Stash is using JIRA's user directory, the users are exactly the same. However, you will need to login to both applications as JIRA doesn't support SSO. Currently only Crowd supports this feature.

You shouldn't have to logout of JIRA to login to Stash though. Please check the logs for any errors.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events