Jira Jelly UpdateIssue on Issue manager not re indexing issue

justin.taylor@ooba.co.za June 3, 2013

Hi

In jelly I run a filter that selects all issues that dont have a certain field set, and then updates the field and then the issue using the issuemanager updateIssue. This works perfectly and updates the issues, however the filter that selects issues based on this issue being set does not seem to reflect the changes, almost like the issue hasnt been re indexed. According the the javadocs the updateIssue on issuemanager is supposed to do this, however it doesnt.

How can I make sure the issue after being updated is re indexed and the filters reflect the changes?

Thanks in advance, David you King if you listening please help?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David Pinn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

Try passing EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_UPDATED to the updateIssue method instead of EventDispatchOption.DO_NOT_DISPATCH. I haven't tried it myself, but I suspect that the indexer is triggered on the basis of the event being fired. I will be interested to learn if it works.

justin.taylor@ooba.co.za June 4, 2013

THanks David! It did the trick, the only issue is now it sends out the issue update notification even though on updateIssue i set sendEmail false. I really dont want our users to get the notifications, I am going to have to look into it.

Suggest an answer