JSONException when retrieving issue with JRJC

I try to retrieve an existing issue from Jira using Java Rest Client version 2.0.0-m2. That's the code:

104         IssueRestClient issueClient = null;
105         Issue issue = null;
106         Promise<Issue> promise = null;
108         try {
109             issueClient = getJiraClient().getIssueClient();
110             promise = issueClient.getIssue(issueId);
111             issue = promise.claim();
112             // issue = promise.get();

Method getJiraClient() returns a ready to use object which is initialized like this:

53         URI uri = null;
 54         JiraRestClientFactory factory = null;
 56         try {
 58             uri = new URI(getJiraUrl());
 59             LOG.debug("Trying to access " + uri);
 61             factory = new AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory();
 62             jiraClient = factory.createWithBasicHttpAuthentication(uri, getUser(), getPassword());
 63             setJiraClient(jiraClient);
 64             LOG.debug("Initialized Jira client " + getJiraClient());

However, while executing the first code snippet I get this JSONException in line 111 or 112 depending on what I use:

Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.RestClientException: org.codehaus.jettison.json.JSONException: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at character 0 of 
	at com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.async.AbstractAsynchronousRestClient$3.apply(AbstractAsynchronousRestClient.java:180)
	at com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.async.AbstractAsynchronousRestClient$3.apply(AbstractAsynchronousRestClient.java:1)
	at com.atlassian.httpclient.api.ResponsePromiseMapFunction.apply(ResponsePromiseMapFunction.java:62)
	at com.atlassian.httpclient.api.ResponsePromiseMapFunction.apply(ResponsePromiseMapFunction.java:12)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.Promises$Of$3.apply(Promises.java:285)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.Promises$2.onSuccess(Promises.java:162)
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.Futures$6.run(Futures.java:799)
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$SameThreadExecutorService.execute(MoreExecutors.java:262)

I didn't find an existing bug or any other questions here pointing to a solution. So any help is appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

OK. Actually this was an authentication error from Jira to our SSO infrastructure. :-( The exception was a little misleading in this case. However, my code seems correct.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Europe

Venue Needed! 23rd October

Hey Everyone! Unfortunately, the venue that was hosting us on the 23rd has pulled out so we're looking for a new venue.    If anyone would have a room free that we could use on the ev...

63 views 4 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you