JIRA soap language

Thomas Mengler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 19, 2012

How can I receive the status, priorities, ... in the language desired via SOAPI API. I tried it with n German User and an English Users, but I always receive English values (JIRA 4.4).

The documentation does not mention anything about this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2012

Translations for Statuses, Priorities and Resolutions are handled somewhat differently to all other translations in JIRA. The values provided in the language resourcebundles can (and indeed often are) be overridden in the user interface (Administartion -> issues -> Issue Atrributes -> Statuses, or something like that, and then clicking on the transate link). This means that getName on a Priority object (or indeed any Issue Constant) returns the English name. In the underlying JIRA you can get the translated name with getTranslatedName - unfortunately we don't serialize the translated name at all in SOAP/RPC

We do now serialize it in JSON-RPC which means if you use REST you can get at the translated names and descriptions, but unfortunately not with SOAP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events