JIRA installation issues

Mohini P April 4, 2014

Hello JIRA team,

I have installed JIRA on my machile but I am not able to access it in any browser. sometimes it says "Webpage not available for localhost:8080" and sometimes it gives me an apache error. (the current JIRA bundle seems to have tomcat 7 in it) or sometimes we get me to JIRA startup failed error with a list of missing plugins

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2014

The first error means Tomcat isn't running at all. There's not enough information to say what "an apache error" might be.

The error with a "list of missing plugins" is also hard to tell you much about without the actual error, but in general, it means you've either broken your install, or it's struggling to get started with low resources on the machine.

In all cases, read the log file for more information.

And if it is the system plugins, it's probably either the combination of a crummy operating system (Windows) and antivirus OR something else on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+System+Plugin+Timeout+While+Waiting+for+Plugins+to+Enable)

Suggest an answer