JIRA Status Waiting for Deployment or Waiting for Testing

Hello I use the Jira Version:

Atlassian JIRA v6.0.5

I have found out that there are several other jira status that i could use in my issues (such as Waiting for Deployment, Waiting for Testing) But unfortunately i do not know when and how i can activate this functionality. Is there any documentation saying (clearly) what the process of each individual Jira Type is. I remember seeing that there is a different pocess for each Jira type. Can anyone describe the possiblities (a process model e.g. epk/UML-Diagramm), because i want to use this feature.

Thanks

M. Amjad-Tousi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

okay we do not hat "wibbelin" or "humbugh" as a project name, tough it woult be funny :)

i have clarified this now. I found out that in fact we have specified what workflow scheme (process of issue) is used for a specific jira type. And that is individually defined and ist not static (what is better obviously). That means that we do have a seperate workflow for the jiras that have the type bug or change request, that allows to set the status "Waiting for deployment" or "Waiting for Testing". I thought it is generally defined or i can set them. The administrator can do that.

Thanks for the support!

Status is not enabled if it is not included in the workflow. you can specific issue type(s) by using a workflow scheme, to config workflow scheme, please refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

If you have any problem, please let me know.

Just to clarify Harry's answer - you can use whatever status you want to. There's no way we can describe the possibilities or give you a diagram because you can do what you want. You can have status called "penguin", "Rangdo", "wibbled" if you want (I'd recommend sticking to short meaningful words or phrases though)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in United States

Topic Tuesday: What's your favorite topic?

Good morning All, Our goal is to get you into the habit of while enjoying your favorite morning drink you are checking the NOVA "space" for topics and comments. Your input is really needed and...

57 views 4 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you