JIRA Reset Password Dialog Problem

Rob Schein January 13, 2013

When trying to reset my JIRA password, I enter my login ID into the dialog, and subsequently receive a "Reset Password" email that, when I click on the link provided, simply takes me to a login page, where a password is required. AND, I don't have a password...that's what I'm trying to reset!!!!!

What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

Hi Rob,

Is it possible that you have a SSO system integrated to JIRA (such as Crowd for example)? Or, if there is not external login system, you can also reset your password directly into JIRA's database, see this documentation.

Cheers

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

...maybe Atlassian could consider the corporate use-case and allow JIRA admins to provide a meaningful / customized message for the login/password related pages. We are payigs huge amount of $$$ for enterprise products like JIRA & Crowd and we are not able to properly integrate then with Active Directory. Every day we get a message from a confused user that is trying to reset a password that he will never be able to reset or others that are failing to login because they don't know what credentials are they supposed to use to login. It can be so easy to provide a customizable text for these screen but all you need is someone that is able to properly envision how does the Active Diretory and JIRA/Crowd integration works.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35746 - ticket was raise long time ago, but nobody had time to take a look on it.

I would describe the current behavious as big design bug, because it causes user confusions, loss of productivity and unrequired additional jira support tasks.

Sabina H_ February 3, 2015

We're in the same boat. The generic "contact your Jira administrators" message should be customizable, at the very least the "Jira Administrators" part of that message should be a configurable email address. We have a large, international company and no one knows how to get a hold of me.

rituparna April 8, 2016

In my case reset password is not visible. Password was not set for this user previously while creating the user.Then how to set password for this user

Suggest an answer