JIRA Incident automatic creation

Jai Chitkara October 25, 2012

We have an app which is secured, has built in data validation, controlled and some other smart logic are built into it. On this app, users submit a change request, which our IT team will pick it up and end up creating an incident in JIRA. We would like to auomatically feed that information into JIRA.

Is it possible to feed information from outside systems into JIRA to create an incident?

If not, I can provide this information into a text or csv or SQL table, if JIRA can read that to create an automatic incident.

Let me know.

Regards,

Jai

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

Jobin, Thanks for pointing to this doc help. I kept looking before and could not find it. I have started digging.... I will let you know if I don;t go anywhere or reach a conclusion.

We have JIRA 4.4. Any idea, which API will work for us?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

SOAP. From JIRA5, REST is recommended.

Suggest an answer