Issues not disappearing from next-gen software board when Done

Tim Kersten February 13, 2019

Issues have been "Done" for months now, without updates, yet they stay visible on our board with no way to remove them. My understanding is that Issues are meant to disappear after 2 weeks of being in the "Done" status.

Maybe it's because the tickets were migrated from another board to this board and there's some secret internal field used by next-gen boards that these migrated tickets don't have?

Any suggestions for being able to remove the tickets from the board? Deleting them is not an option for compliance reasons.

Edit for clarification:

The "Done" column is the column on the far right.

An example ticket (PL-137) not removed and still visible on our board has "Updated January 10, 2019, 2:49 PM" as the last updated date/time, so is well over the 14-day mark.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2019

Hi Tim,

Just for further clarification, can you please check and let us know if the affected tickets have a resolution?
Was there any change on the board? Have anyone reordering columns in the board?
Once we hear from you, we will try to reproduce the error in a test environment.

Regards,
Angélica

Tim Kersten February 18, 2019

None of the next-gen software tickes show a resolution, they only have a status.

I do not know if there were changes on the board in the previous two weeks.

I do not know if the columns were re-ordered accidentally. Is there an audit log to check this?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2019

Hi Tim,

If the tickets don't have a resolution, then some column must have been deleted and the tickets moved to another column. I've tested here and deleted the last column on my board and all tickets were moved to the other column (that is the last one now) and the resolution of the tickets was removed. Tickets without resolution are not considered as closed, so the tickets will not disappear from the board.

To fix this, you must move the ticket to an "In progress" column and then move back to the last column.

It must show the resolution "Done" right beside the status.

Screenshot 2019-02-20_18-25-02.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Like Tim Kersten likes this
Nicole Downes April 7, 2022

@Angélica Luz 

I am using Jira Cloud company managed business project.  All done issues have the green tick and Done next to the status.  All issues going back to Jan 2022 are still showing on the board.

There is no manual option to clear the board (I assume that is available only on the On-Prem version).

The Done column is excessively long.  Is there a way to clear it?

I have created versions and assigned issues to it. Even doing a release of that version does NOT remove issues from the Done column of the board.

Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.  Is this behaviour normal, or should I log a support ticket?

Thanks, Nicole

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 15, 2022

Hello @Nicole Downes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

On Business projects, the board doesn’t have the same settings as on a Jira Software project, so by default, the tickets should be removed from the board 14 days after the resolution has been set.

There is a feature request suggesting improvements for that:

If tickets are not being automatically removed from the board, feel free to raise a support ticket on support.atlassian.com/contact so we can access your site and see what is causing the issue.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer