Is there a way to create a feedback issue directly in an specific fix version when using JMC?

Cassio Santos Pereira May 17, 2012

I just configured JMC and started using it. Is is na awsome tool that I should be using for a long time.

Now, for the sake of organization, I'd like to create issues comming from the JMC feedback directly inside a specific fix version. Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2012

Hi Cassio,

If you have set your App Version ("Bundle versions string, short") in your App's Info.plist, and have the same version added to your JIRA project, then JMC will automatically set the 'Affects Version' field in JIRA.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Nick

Cassio Santos Pereira May 18, 2012

Hi Nick, thanks for the help, but this doesn't help very much in my use case. The thing is we are using Repid Board to control our work, Versions to organize the long term development objectves and Unscheduled for a pool of ideas, so we don't want the user feedback and crash reports to show into Unscheduled.

Also, we have a support team that should not be bothered with visual polution when answering and directing feedback issues, so it would be better if all new JMC issues appeared directly into something like a "Feedback 2012/2" version.

Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2012

Hi Cassio,

Ah, I misread your first question. You would like to have a fixVersion set whenever JMC creates an issue in JIRA ? You can already set labels, components and any custom field in JIRA, however not a fixVersion. Are you able to change your rapid board filter to use one of those ?

Otherwise, please create a feature request at http://connect.onjira.com/browse/CONNECT describing your use-case. Setting a fixVersion should be technical possible, though I am not sure how you will decide what to set it to?

Cheers,

Nick

Suggest an answer