Is there a good explanation of the jira.field.resolution.exclude property

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

There are these two properties for transitions. I have read the documentation, such as it it, and can't really understand what they do. I "think" they might control what choices are available in the 'Resolution' drop down when resolving an Issue, but I am not sure.

jira.field.resolution.exclude

jira.field.resolution.include

What I am trying to do is make the field default to different values in different situations.

If these do include or exclude choices, what happens if an excluded value is the default?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

You are right, they control the choices available in the "Resolution" drop down. Include will only show the provided valuess where as exclude will show everything other than what is provided.

I haven't tested it myself but I believe the exclude will override the default setting and hence you will have to pick another resolution from the list.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

Yes!

I have my first choice (Fixed) as the default. But if my first choice is not included, then the second choice is the default.

I think I have been able to achieve what I was after:

(a) To control which resolution is the default in certain cases

(b) Block the use of some resolutions in some cases, e.g. you can't CLOSE an Issue and call it "Fixed." Here things that are fixed are "Resolved." Things get Closed when they will not get fixed.

Suggest an answer