Is it possible to have two active sprints in one project?

TedT October 31, 2012

Within a project with multiple teams, is is possible to have more than one active sprint? I have set up a separate Rapid board for each team, but the active sprints are currently linked (even though they are different boards, with different issues, different filters, etc). Ending sprint on one board ends the sprint on the second board.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TedT November 4, 2012

Have switched on "Parallel Sprints" in GH labs. Solves the problems.

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

Still implies that you have issues on the separate boards that overlap. I would still suggest you work out what the overlap is.

Cheers,
Shaun

0 votes
TedT October 31, 2012

Have switched on "Parallel Sprints" in GH labs. Solves the problems.

hyperlinkdeveloper March 8, 2021

I am having the same issue. Can you guide me on how i can start 2 sprints at same time?

I have only one project and one board.

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

Hi Ted,

Some of the issues must be the same across the two boards. You can test this by just going to the issue navigator and using JQL like "project = x and sprint in openSprints()" then checking the Sprint field.

The board knows about sprints only because it selects the issues that match the filter then looks at the sprint field for those issues.

Cheers,
Shaun

TedT October 31, 2012

Hi Shaun,

I checked that before posting. I created two boards, each with one distinct issue. Starting a sprint on one board starts in on the second board.

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2012

Hi Ted,

Like I said, please send us a dump of the issue navigator output. The problem must be there somewhere because that's how boards find sprints.

Cheers,
Shaun

Suggest an answer