Is it possible to define different Priorities and Resolutions for different Projects in JIRA?

Jeannette Lamb November 29, 2012

these 2 attributes have default values but don't have schemes that can be associated with different projects. How can I have one set of Priorities and Resolutions in one project and different Priorities and Resolutions in another project?

2 answers

0 votes
Guillermo _DEISER_ December 1, 2012

Hello Shampa;

We developed a plugin to meet this requirement. Profields can achieve what you want and many other needs. We have just released Profields version 2.0 you can see our landing wiht the most relevant features (all versions). With profields you can create attributes associated with JIRA projects (priority, complexity, customer, technology, whatever). Then, you can use one of the gadgets we include and sort the project list by one of these attributes (i.e. Complexity).

http://www.deiser.com/subject/landing/profields/

Of course if you try it, you can also send us your feedback and your specific requirements to:

http://www.madeira20.com you can sign up and create issues with your questions.

With Profields 2.0 now it's also possible to execute JQL queries using the attributes created with the plugin. Although the JQL box works only with issues, you can combine the filter with some gadgets of JIRA.

Cheers!!

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2012

You cannot apply context to any default field in JIRA, only to custom fields. For Priorities, you could add new custom field(s) (my studio uses a "Severity" select list and we apply different context as needed) and use that instead. For Resolutions, however, there's not really an alternative to that. You can edit the Resolutions, and perhaps give the options prefixes or suffixes so that users know when to select them, or you might try adding an html message on the transition screen used when users are selecting the Resolution, and provide them with instructions on which Resolution they should choose at that point.

Suggest an answer