Is it possible to check the date when an issue has been added to a sprint?

Martin Lacher November 7, 2011

Hi,

I'd like to build a Jira Query that shows only the issues that have been added to the current sprint after the sprint started. Is that possible with Jira QL?

6 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Löwenadler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2011

Ok, how about

fixVersion = "Your sprint version" AND fixVersion WAS NOT "Your sprint version" ON your-sprint-start-date

Martin Lacher November 9, 2011

An error appears: History searches do not support the 'fixVersion' field

Martin Lacher November 9, 2011

I'm using JiraStudio 4.4-studio-rc2

Mikael Löwenadler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2011

Seems history search for fixVersion was enabled in Jira 4.4.1 and hosted OnDemand is based on 4.4 so that query will not work until Jira is updated.

Mikael Löwenadler
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2011

History search for fixVersion was introduced in Jira 4.4.2 according to release notes.

The "CHANGED" operator can be used on the Status, Assignee, Priority, Reporter, Resolution and Fix Version fields.

The "WAS" operator can be used on the Fix Version field too.

1 vote
osutinen November 4, 2015

Not really a JQL solution, but you can get the issues added during the sprint using the greenhopper api. Just hit the REST API endpoint rest/greenhopper/1.0/rapid/charts/sprintreport?rapirViewId={your_view_id}&sprintId={your_sprint_id}

then look for key "issueKeysAddedDuringSprint"

Dave_Innopharma October 12, 2018

Unfortunately, this endpoint does not give the date the tasks were added, only the key.

Also, there is a small spelling mistake in the above endpoint. it should be:

/rest/greenhopper/1.0/rapid/charts/sprintreport?rapidViewId={viewId}&sprintId={sprintId}

0 votes
Chris Rees June 12, 2019

Vote for JSWSERVER-20097 to have this built into JIRA Server, or JSWCLOUD-16523 for JIRA Cloud, by default.

0 votes
Rajesh yadav March 13, 2013

I am also searching for the same.. if you were able to find how to filter issues added to the sprint mid-way please post here.

thanks

rajesh

Rene Rath June 11, 2014

Same here. The most promising solution so far is (yet again) Jamie Echlin's Script Runner: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-addedAfterSprintStart(boardname,\[sprintname\])

However, I cannot validate that it actually does the trick, because it is only available in version 3.0 of the plugin - and I currently cannot install it because our Jira is too old. Dang. Hopefully it works for you.

Stefan Niedermann September 14, 2014

Looks like the perfect solution, but i have the same problem (old jira version). How difficult would it be to programm this function to get it work with an old jira/script runner version?

0 votes
Mikael Löwenadler
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2011

fixVersion CHANGED TO "Your sprint version"

Will get you issues moved to sprint

fixVersion = "Your sprint version" AND created > Your sprint start date

Will get you new isues added to sprint

Martin Lacher November 8, 2011

Hi milowe,

This is not quite what I meant actually. Issue can be created before sprint is started and if then I will move such an issue to the sprint after it has been started, this query is not going to work.

Mikael Löwenadler
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2011

What version is OnDemand Jira ? Works fine in 4.4.3.

Péter_Kemenyás May 23, 2016

A lot of issues were created before sprint started. Support created them and not all of them were included into sprint backlog during sprint planning. Later PO decided to include them. So would be nice to found out a way to filter out all issues added to the sprint during the sprint. 

0 votes
Martin Lacher November 7, 2011

Important: I'm using JiraStudio so I am not able to install any other plug-ins to resolve this issue.

Suggest an answer