Is There any way to create "Sub-Component" for a Project..?

Is There any way to create "Sub-Component" for a Project under a component (like a dependent component)

3 answers

That's not possible jira does not support hierarchical components, in my previous organization we used cascading select field to achieve this, we created a two level cascading select field first option list is same as component names but hidden by javascript, on component on change method set the value in first level which will automatically update options at second level.

i would like to assign default assignee for each items in the cascading select field first option list.

Is this Possible..?

I don't think that's possible by minor tweaks, as you would also need a place where you can define the assignment based on subcomponents IMHO it would be a lot of work to get it right, won't be possible by tweaking javascript.

if you're looking to assign to sub-components, short of a lot of coding work, I'd just use the components and use structured text to imply a kind of hierarchy...

MyMajorComponent-FirstSubComponent - Assignee=User1

MyMajorComponent-SecondSubComponent - Assignee=User2

MyOtherComponent-FirstSubComponent - Assignee=User3

It's less than perfect but it's workable

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 14 hours ago in United States

Topic Tuesday: What's your favorite topic?

Good morning All, Our goal is to get you into the habit of while enjoying your favorite morning drink you are checking the NOVA "space" for topics and comments. Your input is really needed and...

29 views 4 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you