It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Installing/Running ATlassian Jira on Mac OS under Tomcat 7

I'm trying to install/run Atlassian Jira on my MacBook(OSX 10.8.5) under Tomcat 7. I've downloaded the archive and expanded with the "embedded" version of Tomcat. When I try to connect my browser to localhost 8080, I get the "Welcome to Tomcat" page. If I change the port to 8280 and point the browse to localhost:8280, the same "Welcome to TomCat" page. I then wanted to build the Jira war file but build.sh is not available.

1 answer

If you're trying to install JIRA for development purposes, I'd have to recommend launching it from the Atlassian SDK:

atlas-run-standalone --product jira

But to address your initial problem, have you tried going to localhost:8080/jira?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Teamwork

The Confluence blog has a brand-new look AND brand-new content!

Hey Community,  Last year, the Confluence team shipped "Team Central," a hub of articles and templates on topics like project planning, knowledge sharing, and more.  We're thrilled to...

26 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you