IncrementalSynchronisationNotAvailableException after upgrade Jira 4.4.4 to Jira 5.1.5

Michel KATZ October 7, 2012

Hello,

I've just upgraded my Jira from 4.4.4 to 5.1.5.

I'm seeing an error in the logfile for Incremental Synchronisation of the Remote Crowd Directory (2.4).

This error did'nt exist in 4.4.4.

How can I resolve this (fixing the error or disabling incremental sync) ?

This is an extract of my logfile :

(The full synchro is ok).

2012-10-08 17:56:30,328 QuartzWorker-1 INFO ServiceRunner atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory synchronisation for directory 2 starting

2012-10-08 17:56:30,406 QuartzWorker-1 WARN ServiceRunner directory.ldap.cache.EventTokenChangedCacheRefresher Incremental synchronisation is not available. Falling back to full synchronisation

com.atlassian.crowd.event.IncrementalSynchronisationNotAvailableException

at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestCrowdClient.getCurrentEventToken(RestCrowdClient.java:952)

at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.RemoteCrowdDirectory.getCurrentEventToken(RemoteCrowdDirectory.java:651)

at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.EventTokenChangedCacheRefresher.synchroniseAll(EventTokenChangedCacheRefresher.java:45)

at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory.synchroniseCache(DbCachingRemoteDirectory.java:619)

at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectorySynchroniserImpl.synchronise(DirectorySynchroniserImpl.java:63)

at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller.pollChanges(DbCachingDirectoryPoller.java:50)

at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.monitor.poller.DirectoryPollerJob.execute(DirectoryPollerJob.java:34)

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)

at com.atlassian.multitenant.quartz.MultiTenantThreadPool$MultiTenantRunnable.run(MultiTenantThreadPool.java:72)

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

2012-10-08 17:56:41,829 QuartzWorker-1 INFO ServiceRunner directory.ldap.cache.RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher found 2932

4 answers

0 votes
Dave Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2012

We just upgraded from 4.4.3 to 5.1.6 and we're seeing the same thing at our site. Jira responds to the error by doing a full synch. This seems like a bug rather than a config problem. I'm doing a few more sanity checks before logging the problem with Atlassian support.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2012

The only other items I can think of which you probably have already done.

1) Look at the logs on both sides (Jira and Crowd) Is crowd seeing the Jira requests?
2) Double check the parameters on the Jira side (assuming crowd was not upgraded). Maybe some configuration parameters got lost along the way.
3) Pretend this is a new crowd and jira integration and follow the steps outlined in the documention to make sure your parameters match.
4) Double check the Jira upgrade guides for each version in case there is something there
5) Contact support

Is there a way to force a full sync initiated from the crowd side? Maybe you will get some different error messages to figure out what is wrong?

Is there a way to force a full syn initiated from the Jira side?

0 votes
Michel KATZ October 8, 2012

Yes we are using crowd for user management, and I've restarted 2 or 3 times Jira.

Before (in 4.4.4) this error was not present in the logfile, and nothing was modified by me. So I suppose that something was updated by the upgrade tool.

How can I avoid this recurrent error (every hour) ?

Thx

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2012

Are you using Crowd for user management? If so, the message means it needs to full sync which is not surprizing given the upgrade.

Have you attempted to restart Jira yet to make sure it was not artifact of the upgrade process?

Suggest an answer