Improvement: Can we close or flag someone from the main page?

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013

I just wish answers can be like JIRA searchs, where you have the ability to flag someone or answer someone withouth clicking to the question.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2013

I'm not sure what you mean by "flag someone" or "like Jira searches"?

Also, I suspect you can't just click "answer" because without opening the question to look at it, you don't know that it's already been answered. I think before you type anything, you should be reading the previous answers/comments.

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013

Hey Nic

So today, i saw someone posting a lot of ads within the same hours, is there a way we can report that in one go than going to each page and then hit Moderate -> Report?

I agreed that edit/updating the ticket right on the main page might be dangerous if you dontse the full picture, but if the title / content is already something that you can tell it's ads or irrelevant, I just think either Answers somehow flag those automatically or a way to bulk->report/flag

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2013

Ah, gotcha.

If your Karma is high enough, you can hit their profile and ban them, which hides all their postings (I think Atlassian can un-ban, but I'm not sure).

I do it a lot, allthough only when I'm *really* sure it's spam. The chap who's posting about fridges, US phone numbers and absolute junk in an arabic script is rather annoying at the moment, think I've slapped him about 30 times in the last fortnight...

Suggest an answer