Importing Data

Richard Liebnitz May 23, 2014

I am attempting to import from 4.1 to 5.5. I backed 4.1 and copied the file to the 5.5 restore folder. The data seemed to import, but the screen is a bit ambiguous as to whether or not it is actually finished. There is a Time Elapsed indicator that isn't changing, and Time Remaining shows Unknown (estimated), and Completion says 100% complete. The status bar also seems to have stopped. But my confusion lies in the message under the status bar that says Importing objects. So is it finished or not?

Thank you.

5 answers

0 votes

I'm upgrading Confluence. On D:, there's Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence and a bunch of directories under that (including logs).

I was able to login eventhough it said it was importing.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2014

Well, within logs folder you can check atlassian-confluence.log

0 votes

A couple of things... I can't locate that directory. This is a Windows system with the app on C: and the data on D:. Also, the system times out after 5 minutes. Does the process continue in the background? Can users access the site while data is being imported?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2014

Please Richard, are u upgrading JIRA or Confluence? On D: there's JIRA/Confluence app data and, withing there's a log folder with atlassian-jira.log/atlassian-confluence.log

Your users can't access your tool during importing.

Regards,

Fabio

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2014

Hi Richard,

It should be in either of the following directories:

JIRA_Home/log/

JIRA_Install/logs/

Look for the catalina.out file or atlassian-jira.log file.

Regards,

Benito

0 votes

Where is the log file?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2014

<JIRA_HOME>/log/atlassian-jira.log

Keep in mind that after object import, JIRA perform reindex more than one time. This task could take long time...

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2014

Hello Richard,

please could you check the log file? It will show exactly your import status.

Let me know,

Fabio

Suggest an answer