If use the new deactivate user how do I know how many active users we have for the license?

Hilary Boyce
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2015

I notice that the new deactivate user functionality does not remove users from the application user groups eg. jira-users.  The overall user lists do not state how many active or inactive users there are.  I depend on the jira-users group for this as groups show how many members there are.  Totals need to be shown for the active users as well for this to be really useful.

I also notice that when I have deactivated a user the application access part of the screen shows an indefinite spinning wheel rather than data.

3 answers

0 votes
Jeremy Evans
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2015

Hi Hillary,

Just to clarify, it sounds like you are looking for the number of users taking up a licence seat for a particular product. In that case, the application access page shows those totals along with each user who has access. This is more powerful than purely looking at group numbers since it will take into account multiple ways of gaining access. Disabled users are not shown on this screen. Several other screens also show the count of licence users as well, such as creating a user.

If I have misunderstood you and you are looking for the number of active users on the instance, there is currently no nice way of gaining this information. If this is something you need you can raise a feature request.

As for the indefinite spinning, this is something we have not observed before. The spinner should take around the same amount of time to load as it would on the page load. If you aren't seeing this, please raise a bug with support and we can look into it!

Thanks!
Jeremy

0 votes
InviqaS April 20, 2015

Hi Paulo

We are using Atlassian Cloud which doesn't give us access to the database as far as I know.  It is also far from satisfactory that we should have to interrogate the database rather than being able to see at a glance from the admin console how many users count towards our licence as we have been able to do.

Administrators need a quick simple way to know the number of licensed users for each application - this is not a nice feature it is an essential.  I doubt if I am the only very upset administrator amongst your clients.

regards

Hilary

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2015

Hello Hilary,

You can run a sql query to achieve your goal.

This article will help you smile

Suggest an answer