I want to create an approval process within Jira but I don't want a public paper trail

Scott Walker December 8, 2014

Hello, I'm in recruiting at Opower and I wanted to explore our options for creating a job approval process within Jira. Right now, we don't have any "process", hiring managers simply ask us to post a job and tell us when they want it filled. This isn't scaleable anymore. 

I'm a bit new to JIRA so you might have to enlighten me a bit. Is this possible? 

Here's what I'd like the process to look like:

• Anyone at the company can submit a request to get a job approved, but only the recruiting team can see everyone's requests. All other users can submit requests but can only see their own. 
  • Ideally, there would be a way to see a summary table of all requests, which would include the Job Title, Department, Hiring Manager, and Desired Fill Date. 

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2014
  1.  You'll need to enable "reporter browse" permission (or get into some complex issue security messiness).  Then you'll be able to put "Browse: role = recruiting team, and reporter-browse" in the permission scheme.  That covers "Reporter can only see their own issues" and "recruiters can see all issues".  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Current+Reporter+Browse+Project+Permission
  2. That's just a filter.  I'd actually save it, share it, and start using it on dashboards as well

Suggest an answer