I want to create an approval process within Jira but I don't want a public paper trail

Hello, I'm in recruiting at Opower and I wanted to explore our options for creating a job approval process within Jira. Right now, we don't have any "process", hiring managers simply ask us to post a job and tell us when they want it filled. This isn't scaleable anymore. 

I'm a bit new to JIRA so you might have to enlighten me a bit. Is this possible? 

Here's what I'd like the process to look like:

• Anyone at the company can submit a request to get a job approved, but only the recruiting team can see everyone's requests. All other users can submit requests but can only see their own. 
  • Ideally, there would be a way to see a summary table of all requests, which would include the Job Title, Department, Hiring Manager, and Desired Fill Date. 

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

1 answer

0 vote
  1.  You'll need to enable "reporter browse" permission (or get into some complex issue security messiness).  Then you'll be able to put "Browse: role = recruiting team, and reporter-browse" in the permission scheme.  That covers "Reporter can only see their own issues" and "recruiters can see all issues".  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Current+Reporter+Browse+Project+Permission
  2. That's just a filter.  I'd actually save it, share it, and start using it on dashboards as well

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Off-topic

Get to know our Atlassian User Group Leaders from Bengaluru, India

Meet @Dinesh Dhinakaran, @Vishnu Vasudeva, @Rajeev Verma, and Jamshid Nalakath: Our extraordinary AUG leaders from Bengaluru, India. These four work together to strengthen the bonds of their local co...

156 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you