I'm trying to use AJS and REST services, where to Include AJS framework?

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2012

Hi,

Im not coding a gadget or plugin, I want to edit an HTML screen file and I want to execute some javascript on submiting the issue, lets say on Edit Issue button Click?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2012

You can add javascript to the field's description . Have a look at these tutorials for javascript and Ajs in jira fields.

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2012

Hello Mizan,

What if I need a wider scope and not on the field description, If I need to read a value from 2 fields and then decide. Where I find the field descripion and does JIRA by default refrence AJS or I need to include it? more details please

thank you Mizan :)

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2012

Yes you can decide by reading the values from 2 fields. You will have to include this logic of checking the 2 fields in your javascript and place this javascript in the fields description . AFAIK AJS is by default. you can even use the behaviours plugin to add behaviours to your fields.

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2012

Many thanks :)

Suggest an answer