How to watch the new Atlassian Community site via an RSS feed or *useful* emails?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

The old Answers site worked great with RSS, so I could easily keep my eyes on the topics interesting for me using a good old feed reader. Worked great.

Now, it seems all I have is the Watch feature which sends me rather useless notficiations: 

1. Subject contains zero info, just "New question available in Confluence" so I'm supposed to open hundreds of mails?!
  2. The actual content of the question or the answer is not in the email. 

Am I missing something?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2017

As mentioned in the Community release notes - May 23, 2017, we've introduced a new way to watch content via RSS feeds! Located inside of the watch button, you can tab over to the RSS feeds and copy the desired feeds straight to your clipboard. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 11.13.35 AM.png

4 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2017

How do you get the rss feed link for a particular product only? 

I'll assume it's not possible to get rss feed for a tag, seeing as you cannot watch a tag.

Bryce Hays
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2017

That's an exellent suggestion. We'll look into making those rss feeds easily discoverable but for now here are are few examples:

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2017

Thank you Bruce. I spent quite a while try to hand-craft the the right url, in the absence of any links... but obviously I was missing the correct queryparam-fu.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2017

Thanks, Bryce! I managed to get what I wanted.

I accepted this thread, as I couldn't accept your comment as answer.

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2017

Hi Aron,

you can get an rss feed with this URL: 

https://community.atlassian.com/rss/Community

If you look at the community page with a RSS feed reader, you get even more feeds.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2017

That appears to be the whole site, not by tag

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
August 3, 2017

@MattS, this URL structure should work for tags: https://community.atlassian.com/tnckb94959/rss/search?q=tags:jira&count=100

The current limitation I'm finding is that it doesn't work for tags with spaces.

0 votes
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2017

My mistake - the community forum is running Lithium, so the answer below doesn't apply. The developer forum is on Discourse.

Partially related to this, is the ability to watch for certain keywords in any post (regardless of category) e.g. reference to an add-on name.

This feature is currently not available; however, it has been added to the future roadmap for Discourse. The more votes or comments for this feature the more likely it is to be developed. 

DeAnna April 23, 2017

In some of the other forums I use on this same platform, the RSS Feed Subscription natively appears in search results as an advanced option.

It looks like it just hasn't been exposed or built back into this highly customized implementation. Hopefully we'll see it soon.

RSS feed to Searches.JPG

@Aron Gombas [Midori]  A search will surface Tags, so this would natively work to get you the same result.

Jira Search Tags.JPG

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
May 26, 2017

Great point DeAnna.. those URLs look like this: https://community.atlassian.com/rss/search?q=scriptrunner

We are currently exploring the best way to expose this on the front-end

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events