How to view all stories (Done/Not Done)

Abdulrahim Muhammad May 25, 2015

Once the issue or story is done/completed, it is removed from the backlog and it can be viewed either in sprint reports or under epics. However Its very important to know all the stories or issue together for review purposes. for example if some featue is missed or not, which hard to catch if they are scattered in different places.

How can we see all the stories together  whether done or not done, irrespective of epic too.

4 answers

2 votes
Abdulrahim Muhammad May 25, 2015

Well I don't want to restrict to a sprint. All I am trying to achieve is to export all the stories in the project to an excel which can be used as a reference for requirements, for better tracking.

Daniel Sputa May 18, 2019

well few years late, and many the feature was not available that time, but now, the easier way is to create a custom search and export the search results to excel (CSV). To do that, you go to  "search" in the left navigation, and on the top,  you will see a query -- you can add something like "status = done" and it will show issues that are done. 

something like this:

project = XYZ and status = done ORDER BY status ASC

Like # people like this
Bhanushree Prasad May 26, 2019

Thank you, this helped 

1 vote
juan.castino April 17, 2020

I don't understand how this is not a feature yet. It should be as simple as clicking on a status and then bringing up all stories with the same status for the sprint.

Juan_Miguel June 9, 2020

Sure, there are a lot of little features that are incomprehensible not to be in this software. Jira has great features, but some of them so complicated and not needed by a big number of dev studios. Otherwise,  there are a lot of them realted to usability and productivity, easy of development, that could you make us more agile, and are not available.

It's annoying and ridiculous that a basic Scrum proyect has no roles by default for "Scrum Master" or "Product Owner", not to mention "Stake holders". For Jira, you are "developer" or "admin" I you need other this, do it yourself .... Is this Scrum ? Why do you have a Scrum template if you forget this roles by default ?

For example, calendar display. There is a bug registered in 2017 but alive today in 2020, about the calendar always start on "sundays" whatever option you set as "admin" in console.

I don't know if Jira is going dead or devs, are no listening to users, or the milestones of the software are pointing to high features but forgetting other more simple (but not less important)

Dear devs, and Product Owner/s (sorry, product owner is not a role available by default in Jira), listen the comunity and include in your roadmap those simple and easy to develop things, that could make us the live agile and not annoying as today.

Thanks in advance.

Juan_Miguel June 10, 2020

Sorry, I reply myself. There is an easier way (for me) to take this data.

In top bar menu, there is an "Issues" section, with a submenu "search issues" (sorry if the words are not exactly about the menu names, but I see the spanish translation of the GUI).

Once you open this menu, you can filter by proyect/proyects, status of the issue, or with an expression.

Yes, you can see this backlog history ... but the place is a little hidden.

juan.castino June 10, 2020

Then the problem is that it is not working. When doing that all I keep getting as a result is "No issues here"

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2015

Hello Abdulrahim,

Assuming you want to also restrict it by sprint, you should be able to do that following this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILEKB/JIRA+Agile%3A+How+to+search+for+a+Sprint+using+JQL 

And simply adding the JQL parameters to filter issues by "Done" or "not Done"

0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2015

Hey,

You will need to configure the board filter to include issues on those statuses. smile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

LimaMathew February 18, 2018

Hey,

Could you please share the steps to configure the filter.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2018

Go to the board configuration, look at the general tab, and you'll be able to see and edit the filter there.  (Assuming you are admin)

Ian T Price January 14, 2019

The done issues show in the filter, not on the board....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2019

Then the board is dropping them because it's supposed to - in Scrum, done issues will only show for the current sprint, in Kanban issues that are "released" (as defined by the sub-filter) don't need to be on the board, so they're hidden, and business boards drop the issues 2 weeks after it has been done.  Or you have applied a quick filter that hides the issues.

Boards are not supposed to show done issues after you've completed them - boards are about what you are working on, not what you've done.

Like Ian T Price likes this
Ian T Price January 14, 2019

Thanks; that explains what is going on behind the scenes.  I guess what peeps do not have is the visibility of what's happening and why. It's probably buried in docs somewhere but I've failed to find it.

I find the "Where's my field?" functionality an invaluable massive time saving feature.

Perhaps a similar feature in the boards config is required?

Like Mouli likes this
Mouli August 16, 2019

That would a great addition if Atlassian can manage to get this added!

Suggest an answer