How to move a project from one instance of Jira to another

We had a trial 10 license starter JIRA and my project is currently using it. Since then, we have a newer commercial instance that supports 100 people. I want to move my project with all my issues to the new JIRA instance. How can I do it?

2 answers

0 vote

You can use the restore JIRA project option.

I assume, I have to backup first then right?

Yes and both JIRA should be on the same version.

Thanks. Currenlty they are not . One is 6.1.3 and the other is 6.2; So, I will have to first get the two to be on the same version, then backup adn restore I guess. I will give it a try.

Thanks again,

Sudha

0 vote
Pedro Souza Atlassian Team Jun 16, 2014

You can perform the Project Import as Jobin has mentioned, or if your project has just a few issues, you may prefer to perform a quick CSV import to a clean project of this other instance.

Run a quick filter searching for those issue on your project, than export the issues to a Excel file with all the fields, then conver the file to CSV, and proceed with the import.

This documentation may help:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+CSV

Cheers.

I have 392 issues. Will my old sprint/Release/version information be retained ?

Pedro Souza Atlassian Team Jun 16, 2014

I think you can do the CSV import, you just need to map the fields properly.

Regarding the fields of Agile module, it will not be imported nor by the CSV or Project import, beucase those informations are stored in the Plugin table, and the only method to export/import this information is the Full Restore.

We already have a feature request to allow the users to import Agile information of a single project in the future:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28748

Consider what is easier for you at this moment, Upgrade and perform the project Import, or adjust a CSV and perform a CSV import between different versions.

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked yesterday in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

63 views 3 4
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you