How to limit viewing or editing issue to roles and only in some steps

Hello,
I'm really a newbie with jira workflows and I'm bogged down in this issue.
In my workflow I've (let's say) 4 steps A,B,C,D and 2 teams (=group/role) Team1 and Team2.
Team1 can only edit fields in steps A and B and Team 2 can only edit (different) fields while the created issue is in steps C and D of the workflow
If I give the permission to edit issue to group/role of Team2, it can edit ALL the field of the issue, also the ones edited by the Team1 during the steps A and B, but these fields should be frozen.
I'm also thinking to solutions like 2 sub-tasks (but maybe I will have the same problem) or to use security schemes (I never used them before).
Which could be a good solution for this problem?
Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

check this

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Properties

http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html

to resrtrict edit permission for project role, configure as follows

Property Key:jira.permission.edit.projectrole

Property Value: 10010

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

In my workflow I assigned the permission to Edit Issue to the roles Role1 and Role2. Then in step B, I assigned the property:

jira.permission.edit.projectrole (key)
Role1 (value)

'cos I want that in step B only role Role1 has to be able to edit the issue

When I execute the transition from step A (that has no properties) to step B I get the following error:

2013-07-15 15:26:34,026 http-bio-8080-exec-12 ERROR      [500ErrorPage.jsp] Exception caught in 500 page For input string: "Role1"

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Role1"
    at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Long.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.atlassian.jira.notification.type.ProjectRoleSecurityAndNotificationType.getProjectRoleActors(ProjectRoleSecurityAndNotificationType.java:248)
    at com.atlassian.jira.notification.type.ProjectRoleSecurityAndNotificationType.hasPermission(ProjectRoleSecurityAndNotificationType.java:190)
    at com.atlassian.jira.notification.type.ProjectRoleSecurityAndNotificationType.hasPermission(ProjectRoleSecurityAndNotificationType.java:197)

Is there something that I'm not doing in the right way?

did you enetered role id as the property key value?

check my answer i have updated

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

138 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you