How to get the issue details for a project based on a Customfield value using REST API and/or JQL?

Rajkumar Balakrishnan August 8, 2017

I would like to search for reported issue and its status based on a customfield value. Is it possible to do that with REST API and /or JQL?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

Last time when I checked the search engine, probably I missed entries on querying for issues something like: https://xxxxxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/search?jql=project="SomeProject" AND customfield_10XXX ="SomeValue". My bad! Can you kindly point me to such an entry/discussion?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

You've answered your own question.

I also thought it was a straight forward query. But, unfortunately it is not working. I was looking disparately looking for a clue on how to format the query to pull the issues for a project based on a customfield. I tired every combinaton possible for hours with no luck. I am simply able to pull issues based on all predefined searchable fields but not based on any of the customfields. I wanted to know what am I missing. I would very much appreciate if your could post a working example or guide me through. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2017

Ok, try running the query you want in the UI, using the advanced search option so you have the plain text of the JQL you want.

This can be fed straight into the REST call to run the same query.

I figured out the solution. The query should be like: project= SomeProject AND text ~ "AA0000123"

Suggest an answer