How to get the bug id from the bug issue

I have created a issue of type 'Bug'.

I am able to get this issue(eg: MYP-1 is an id for the issue)

Now, how to get the Bug id (i.e type id) using MYP-1

6 answers

1 accepted

This I tried as follow

but not working

You really do need to think through your code. The line above IS working fine, but it's not doing what you expect.

Try looking at what it is actually returning - that should tell you more. For example, is id 1 really Bug? Are you looking at the right issue and is it definitely a Bug?

(If it's a sub-task, I really do think you'll find it is NOT a bug, but I don't have access to your system to check that instinct)

0 vote

You don't say where you are doing this. Assuming it's in code, then look at the issue object.

In Creating the subtask automatically when an issue is created

Mizan Community Champion Jan 15, 2013

I think you are trying to check if the issuetype is a BUG, right ?

Sorry, that's not what I meant. We don't know what you are doing with "creating the subtask". If you've got the issue id, then you should have, or be able to get, an issue object, and then read that for more information (including type - where Conrad's answer is what you need to look at)

Yes Mizan,You're correct

why you are not using the Create on transition plugin /script runner plugin which provides a postfunction to create a subtask ?

I am in learning of JIRA and given the tasks how exactly we can implement the plugin for so and so required functionality.

Hence instead of going for third party plugin, I develop my own

and also in Create-on-transition-plugin I customized the fields which I don't require .

ok , then you can refer the source of Create on transition plugin

The id of issue type "Bug" or the id of issue "MYP-1"?

I need the id for "Bug"

I need the id for "Bug" using "MYP-1"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

154 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot