Stijn Verrept May 5, 2013

We have the following phases that we also use in rapid boards:

Open
More info needed
In progress
Development ready
Under test
Ready for release

All the issues have got story points and we know the begin and enddate of the sprint.

We have 4 weeks of development (in those time the issues all need to get to 'development ready'. After that we have 2 weeks of testing, in that time everything needs to get to 'ready for release'.

We need a burndown on storypoints during the first 4 weeks where as soon as an issue gets into development ready it is burned down. And I need a chart for the last two weeks where the issue gets burned down when it gets to ready for release. Ideally both charts would be available all the time. How can I do this?

1 answer

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2013

Hi Stijn,

I don't quite get what you are trying to achieve here. From the above, it seems that you require issue to be burn down two times, one when it reaches "Development Ready" and another burn down when it reaches "Ready for Release". I'm afraid this is not possible to do in Greenhopper. The reason is because Greenhopper do the burndown *only* when issue reaches the status mapped to the right most column, in this case is Ready for Release.

If you are looking for a partial burn down, you can use the time remaining instead. With 1h equals to 1 story point, you can do log time to perform the burn down and you will get the report as well.

Cheers,

Stijn Verrept May 5, 2013

That's too bad since then you have no idea how well the development team is doing.

Following your logic I changed the columns and set the 'Ready for release' and 'Under test' columns more to the left so the 'Development ready' column is the most right one. Now it does burn down so we can temporarily use this fix. It would be very useful however to let the user choose which chart he wants to visualise by selecting the status you want to see.

Suggest an answer