How to enable only Project Administrators the ability to Edit closed Issues?

I know we can enable the closed issue editable by Jira.issue.editable =True. but i want to restrict this to only Project Admins. Any Suggestions would be higly Appreciated.

5 answers

1 accepted

This worked for me "jira.permission.edit.projectrole = 10002". thanks everyone..

hi,

You can have a tranistion "Edit" at Close Status.

In Condition you can add Only Project Admin can access this tranistion.

Hope this should help

Hi Bhanu,

As far as I know, the ability to edit is controled by the Edit Issue project permission. Project's permission scheme in JIRA via Admin > Projects > Permission Scheme > Edit. You can specify the user/group to be able to edit issues or not. Note that this permission will be applied regardless of whichst status the issue is at.

I hope that help :)

Try these two. (both are required)

jira.issue.editable = false
jira.issue.edit.projectrole = 10002

Replace 10002 with the ID for project role (default is 10002). You can find it using the following SQL:

select id from projectrole where name = 'Administrators';

Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team May 02, 2013

I thought that in order to be able to edit the issue, the jira.issue.editable parameter has to be true?

I had this set-up in one of my workflows some time back. As far as I remember, this prevents the editibility of the issue, AND THEN, allow this project role to edit the issue.

I don't have a clear memory on what was my actual set up. If this does not work, the working set-up will be the following.

Delete jira.issue.editable property and keep jira.issue.editable.projectrole = 10002

Sameera is partially correct. But give only this:

jira.issue.edit.projectrole = 10002

See http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html

At least for JIRA 6.3 it is jira.issue.editable.projectrole not jira.issue.edit.projectrole 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

347 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you