How to display Sprint name of an Issue for planned sprints ?

Florent Gosselin January 15, 2013

Let me introduce our current use of Greenhopper first.

We have a product team which work on every technical evolution / new features of our Product.
That team use intensively Jira + Greenhopper in Scrum Mode.

Other teams (sales, ...) of our company have Jira access too but in a restricted way : they just see & watch Issues but don't play with it (no creation, no edition...).

I want to provide a way for other teams to monitor progress / planning issues that interest them. To do that, I built them a System dashboard which include a Filtered Issues widget containing the issues they have to know about.

In order to give them visibility on planning issues, I added the column "Sprint" to this widget.
For my part, I divided my Backlog in a lot of planned Sprint (nb : I include the Sprint end date in its name).

My final whish is that they could see in which Sprint I have planned their issues, without having to scroll my Backlog.

The problem is that Greenhopper don't fill Sprint field if we talk about non active or future sprints.
The data is only displayed for previous and active sprints.

Any suggestion / help ?

1 answer

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

That is not possible I guess in OnDemand. Isn't okay to share the board itself to them? (The filter sharing used for the Board decides this)

Florent Gosselin January 16, 2013

Yes, they have access to the Plan board in read mode, but I found that it was pretty interesting to display it on each user dashboard, without any action from them.

And, in theory, Jira have all the info to do so...

Thanks for your help Renjith!

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Could have done something with Script Runner (again :)) if it was an installed variant. OnDemand has limitations.

Suggest an answer