How to disable to edit a Closed issue in Cloud JIRA

I have been using Cloud JIRA (version: 1000.1010.2, build: 100044) now. I want to disable to edit a closed issue completely. However, I can change assignee field, add comment, edit description etc. on a closed issue now. How can I disable to perform those things on a closed issue completely? 

1 answer

0 votes

Edit the workflow and place the "do not edit" workflow property (jira.issue.editable = false) on the "closed" status.

You can see an example of it if you look at the default JIRA workflow, and see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html

Thank you for the info.

Still can add in Comments after putting in the workflow property jira.issue.editable = false.  Is there anyway to stop adding Comments after issue is closed?

yes. in the property, i added Property key = "jira.permission.comment.denied" and Property Value = " '' " (2 single quotation mark). Works for me :)

If the customer performs the comment via an email reply though, how would they know their comment has been stopped?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Statuspage

194 years of downtime: looking back on incident data from 2018

Statuspage customers logged more than 194 years of collective incidents in 2018. That’s a whopping 87% increase from the  104 years logged in 2017 , and we aren’t even through December yet....

40 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you