How to disable to edit a Closed issue in Cloud JIRA

Hisamitsu Koga May 29, 2017

I have been using Cloud JIRA (version: 1000.1010.2, build: 100044) now. I want to disable to edit a closed issue completely. However, I can change assignee field, add comment, edit description etc. on a closed issue now. How can I disable to perform those things on a closed issue completely? 

1 answer

5 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2017

Edit the workflow and place the "do not edit" workflow property (jira.issue.editable = false) on the "closed" status.

You can see an example of it if you look at the default JIRA workflow, and see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html

Hisamitsu Koga May 30, 2017

Thank you for the info.

Like Kalos Bonasia likes this
ServiceDesk March 8, 2018

Still can add in Comments after putting in the workflow property jira.issue.editable = false.  Is there anyway to stop adding Comments after issue is closed?

Vi Phung July 6, 2018

yes. in the property, i added Property key = "jira.permission.comment.denied" and Property Value = " '' " (2 single quotation mark). Works for me :)

Like Deleted user likes this
David Webber November 2, 2018

If the customer performs the comment via an email reply though, how would they know their comment has been stopped?

Ross Carter June 4, 2019

For this, I used the email template and mentioned that when the Support Request/Ticket is resolved they can either reference the support number in the future or to create a new Support Request/Ticket.

Suggest an answer