How to disable the inline edition mode on a JIRA custom field ?

Brice Gestas _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

Hi all,

I have a plugin which embed a specific customfield type. This customfield type extends the TextCFType from JIRA and when I go on the 'issue-view' screen, the inline edition mode is automatically enabled...I would like to disable it on my customfield type. How can I do that ?

Thanks for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

You can't do that for a single field, atleast for now!

Brice Gestas _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

Even in the JIRA API, there is no way to disable this possibility ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

I haven't seen one but I could be wrong!

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

It will be good thing to do a control at custom field level. Hope Atlassian is listening ;)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2012

Not that I can find - the functionality lies outside the custom field implementation, so you'd have to go digging through core code to enable it (i.e. not a plugin). You can, of course, turn it off completely for all fields, but that's your only option at the moment.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2012

There was some discussion about it at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/49613/jira-5-1-inline-editing-how-this-will-work-for-you - by field configuration was suggested, but I don't think it was picked up - Atlassian responded with a very "we're still thinking about how to deal with the problems we didn't realise we'd caused" message.

Brice Gestas _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

Allright, thank you both for your answers.

Suggest an answer