How to create my own Searcher for my customfield?

chintu Parameshwar February 20, 2013

Hi,

I'm planning to write my own Searcher for my new customfield. Could anybody give me pointer:

1. which class I need to extend/implement?

2. what are the methods I need to implement/override?

3. Could you please explain what it is basically what it returns?

Thanks a million in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

That seems to be how to re-use one of the bundled searchers for your custom field type.

I went thru that link, but I want to create my own searcher. Any how Thanks!

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

Right.. Even for a new customfield type we usually extend the built-in type

Jamie,

Please let me know how to proceed. I hope you can answer this. At least give me few clues.

Thanks a billion in advance!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

Not sure... I can't think of any plugins that have a custom field type and their own searcher, and aren't really complicated. What's your main problem again, performance?

chintu Parameshwar February 21, 2013

Yes, I have performance problem. You can see it in https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/139381/how-to-avoid-two-time-search . I'm trying to implement your suggestion of using Lucene terms with customfield instead of only JQL.

Thanks

Suggest an answer