We are having problems with notifications. I just found a bunch of issues that a co-worker of mine put into a project on which I am the lead. I would have _REALLY_ liked to get notified of those and I did not get anything at all.
The thing is that I get some notifications. But it looks as though I only get notifications on issues I created. If I am the assignee, it does not matter. If I and the project lead, it does not matter.
We are using two schemes, but they are pretty much out of the box. You know, "Issue Created: Project Lead, Assignee", "Issue Changed: Assignee", etc. All the way down the list, the Assignee is always there and the Project Lead is often there and it does not seem to matter.
There could be many things wrong here. I know that. Our mail server could be getting wonky with JIRA e-mail. My personal spam filters could be zapping them (and yes, I checked). So many things could be the problem. Is there a log that JIRA writes to for notifications? Maybe then I can see whether JIRA tried to send a notification. It is really hard to diagnose something when the only symptom is that something did not happen.
You can tunr the debugging ON and do some tests to see the JIRA behavior. But, if the notifications are correctly set, I don't see much issues on JIRA end.
Also, make sure the changes are not made by you and the 'Email me for own changes' box is not checked under your Profile!
Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot