How do you make your card red in greenhopper when flagged as an impediment?

Veronica April 25, 2013

What is the correct JQL to use in order to turn my issue card "red" when someone checks "flag and impediment" or links an issue as a "blocked" issue?

7 answers

1 vote
ChrisA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

I had a go at this and here's what I did to get this working for me.

1. In JIRA, Create a new custom field, lets call it 'Blocker', of type 'Multi Select' or 'Multi Checkbox'

2. Add a option to the custom field with the value 'Yes'

3. You'll need to specify which issue types and Projects you want to use

4. Navigate to GreenHopper > Project Templates > Flagging Field

5. Select the newly created 'Blocker' for 'Field Name' and 'Yes' for 'Field Value'

6. Go to GreenHopper and select your Kanban board > Click on the Cog icon > Configure Board > Card Colors

7. Select 'Queries' for the Colors Based on field

8. Create a new JQL query

'Blocker' = Yes

and select the color you'd like to use

(i) At this point however, you will no longer get the card colors for issue type. If you wish, you can add these in as new JQL queries, for example,

issuetype = bug

I hope this information helps!

For reference:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+your+General+Project+Settings#ConfiguringyourGeneralProjectSettings-FlaggingField

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Card+Colours#ConfiguringCardColours-AddingaQuery-basedcardcolour

0 votes
Cyril Egan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

For part one (Flagged as impediment) of your question the JQL is:

Flagged is not empty

For the JQL for linked to a blocked issue you will need something like the JQL tricks plugin and then use the linkedIssuesInFilter (filterId,[linkType]) (Create a filter with all the blocked issues and take it's filterId as the first parameter of the function.

Veronica April 29, 2013

Hi Cyril- I tried flagged is not empty and the issue is still has not changed card colour to red. Is there something I am missing?

Vincent Kurutza June 4, 2015

Does not work for me using Flagged is not EMPTY.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2013

Veronica,

You should be able to just go to the Card Colors tab like Chris describes and use the following JQL :

"Your custom field" = "Impediment Value" to turn the cards that have that custom field with the specified impediment value turn red.

Best regards

Peter

Veronica April 25, 2013

Have you seen this field in the setup? It is called "flagged"

0 votes
Veronica April 25, 2013

Hi Peter: It is a custom field I added to the default screen. No, I am using the rapid board.

It would be really awesome if they develop the functionality within Jira without all these work-arounds. :-(

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2013

Hi Veronica,

Are you using greenhopper classic? Because I can't even find the flag and impediment functionality in the new greenhopper.

Is this a custom field in your Jira?

Best regards

Peter

0 votes
Chris McFadden
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

I think you would add this: "Flagged=Impediment"

Veronica April 25, 2013

Unfortunately, I did this and it did not do anything The issue still is not red.

0 votes
Chris McFadden
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Under the "Card Colors" tab of the Rapid Board configuration, be sure you select Colors based on "queries" . The conditions are run in sequence. So you can put the "Flagged=Impediment" at the top, but you may want to add a default such as "issuekey=issuekey" which will always evaluate to true and assign a different color. Make sure you put the default as the last one (you can drag and drop to arrange).

Maybe there is a better way to set a default.

Veronica April 25, 2013

No such luck. The flagged = impediment was at the top and I created issuekey= issuekey is at the bottom. Any other usggestion

Suggest an answer