I had a go at this and here's what I did to get this working for me.
1. In JIRA, Create a new custom field, lets call it 'Blocker', of type 'Multi Select' or 'Multi Checkbox'
2. Add a option to the custom field with the value 'Yes'
3. You'll need to specify which issue types and Projects you want to use
4. Navigate to GreenHopper > Project Templates > Flagging Field
5. Select the newly created 'Blocker' for 'Field Name' and 'Yes' for 'Field Value'
6. Go to GreenHopper and select your Kanban board > Click on the Cog icon > Configure Board > Card Colors
7. Select 'Queries' for the Colors Based on field
8. Create a new JQL query
'Blocker' = Yes
and select the color you'd like to use
(i) At this point however, you will no longer get the card colors for issue type. If you wish, you can add these in as new JQL queries, for example,
issuetype = bug
I hope this information helps!
Under the "Card Colors" tab of the Rapid Board configuration, be sure you select Colors based on "queries" . The conditions are run in sequence. So you can put the "Flagged=Impediment" at the top, but you may want to add a default such as "issuekey=issuekey" which will always evaluate to true and assign a different color. Make sure you put the default as the last one (you can drag and drop to arrange).
Maybe there is a better way to set a default.
You should be able to just go to the Card Colors tab like Chris describes and use the following JQL :
"Your custom field" = "Impediment Value" to turn the cards that have that custom field with the specified impediment value turn red.
For part one (Flagged as impediment) of your question the JQL is:
Flagged is not empty
For the JQL for linked to a blocked issue you will need something like the JQL tricks plugin and then use the linkedIssuesInFilter (filterId,[linkType]) (Create a filter with all the blocked issues and take it's filterId as the first parameter of the function.
As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot