How do you determine where a group is used?

We are looking to streamline our groups. This will involve deleting many of them that we believe to be redundant. How can I determine the impact of deleting a group? I know that I can look at the View Group screen and JIRA will display which Permission Schemes, Notification Schemes, Issue Security Schemes and Saved Filters are associated with the group; however, this does not say if a group is associated with a default group as part of a role assignment for a project. This can be found by looking at each project, but this is fairly laborious.

Is there some database query (or queries) that can be run that would identify group usage?

1 answer

Hey,

the following query returns the projectrole, the group in that role and the project using that role:

SELECT r.roletypeparameter, pr.name, p.pname as project FROM jira_prod.projectroleactor r
left outer join project p on r.pid = p.id
left outer join projectrole pr on r.projectroleid = pr.id
where roletype = "atlassian-group-role-actor";

Cheers Christian

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 7 hours ago in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

50 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you