How do I change a kanban board to be scrum instead?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring a board

I am just getting starting with a team on Agile. I have done Agile development project management in the past, but this is my first time using JIRA. I started with a Kanban board and have a bunch of epics, user stories, etc. but now I'm thinking of changing over to Scrum instead of Kanban. Is there an easy way to copy or move all of my existing stuff over to a Scrum board without having to start over from scratch or move each individual item? Thanks!

2 answers

So apparently this is already answered. Simply create a new Scrum board under the same project that has the Kanban board, and then you can see the project in either Scrum or Kanban or go back and forth.

Please be aware that boards are not "under a project", and that's why this works.

A board exists.  It selects issues and allows you to work with them.  Often, it will be selecting "project = xyz", but they can select from many projects, or take parts of projects rather than the whole.  If you delete a board, it doesn't touch the project and if you delete a project, the board remains (even though it may no longer have anything to select)

Yes, you can have multiple boards under one project. No need to transfer anything, just create a new scrumboard.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

132 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you