How do I change Issue assignee in bulk

I have a number of Issues created by a user that I need to assign to a different user. I can get a list, but the bulk update tool doesn't have a choice for changing the Issue assignment.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

For whatever reason, in the new JIRA instance I now have a choice that lets me change field contents. I am all set.

This widget could not be displayed.

Are you sure? I can change the assignee through bulk edit issue.

Don't see how, but I am happy to have my ignorance cured. Here's what I see.

Start here, and click the "all 50 issue(s)" under 'Bulk Change'

Then check them all...

And click NEXT to get here... where I see nothing about changing the assignee.

You need permission to edit the issues. That is where the assignee can be changed.

Of course. But I have permission. I am logged in with the same account I used to create the Issues. I can open any one of them individually and reassign.

Well, that is what JIRA is saying. An alternative is to use the JIRA Command Line Interface and specifically the runFromIssueList action with the same JQL. Use

--common "--action updateIssue --issue @issue@ --assignee xxxxx" --continue

similar to How to use runFromIssueList. The --continue will allow it to continue through any errors. I suspect a permission problem with one of the issues. Then you can go the UI and see if it provides more info.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

171 views 18 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you