How do I add an underscore "_"to the project key pattern?

How do I add an underscore to the project key pattern?

I would like to have the following as my project key pattern: NAME_TITLE_3

Thanks,

3 answers

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Mar 06, 2012

Hi,

I would not do this. This can result in real trouble. Look at the last comments on http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Project+Keys

Best Regards

Thomas

I wouldn't recommend it either. I've let my users use numbers as the 2nd to nth characters in the project key, but I wouldn't do any more than that.

Thanks for you input.

I understand the risks about not being able to use some of the other features, but I would still like to know how it is done.

So if you could please let me know what setting I need for the project key pattern that would be great

Thomas's link is where to look, it's fully documented there. (With the reasons not to do it of course)

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Mar 06, 2012

look here for how it is done: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Project+Keys A little bit usage of google should guide you to perl regular expressions.

1 vote

If you want to go ahead in spite of the warnings from Nic and Thomas, here is what you need to do.

Go to Administration > General Configuration > Advanced and click on jira.projectkey.pattern property to modify it. You can use any valid regular expression without including . and - (theoretically!).

Thanks for the help

The statement that I ended up using is ([A-Z0-9_][A-Z0-9_]+)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 3 hours ago in Off-topic

Miscellaneous Monday - CreatatronV3

You may remember, not so long ago, that together we invented the most evil of machines: The Destructo5000!  The effects of missing Durian rippled over nations. Complete chaos as goat chee...

43 views 3 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you