How can i use split regex option in jira 5.2?

mana azizi April 20, 2013

Hi.

we are using Jira 5.2 and we want to create issues by incoming emails. i have syudied Administrator manul (Incoming email) and it was said that there is "Split Regex" option which helps you to handle incoming email content to create an issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

the problem is that when i wanted to try it, i discovered that this option doesn't exist there. so would you plz help me to find and use this option?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

Thanks for the update Mana, I hope that this will help.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

1 vote
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

Hi Mana,

In order to use the Split Regex mail handler, you can select the mail handler with the name Add a comment before a specified marker or seperator in the email body.

After adding the mail handler, you should be able to configure the mail handler and specify your Split Regex there.

I hope that this will help.

0 votes
mana azizi April 21, 2013

thanks so much for your attention. i would try it.

Suggest an answer