How can I make a private project?

Sara Coene January 9, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing project permissions

I'm using the software for team collaboration, but also want to add private projects (only for myself), so not accessible by anybody else but me. Is that possible?

2 answers

2 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2016

Admin project => permission => set you self only into:

• browse project - to make project visible only for you
  • edit issues - to allow edit issues

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2016

Yup, check the permission scheme to see who can "browse project" Then remove everyone who can do that from the rules (e.g the default is for "Role: users" can browse project. So go to the users/roles section of the project admin and remove all users and groups except yourself)

Like CK likes this
0 votes
raad fageeh January 22, 2019

I have the same issue. I created an extra project and made the permission scheme (browse project) disabled for a project role (programmer). however, when i sign in as the programmer I can still see the to-be-hidden project in the project list and I could enter it and browse all issues inside. I think i'm doing something wrong although i made sure everything is in order.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2019

Take another look at the permission scheme - what exactly does it say on the line for "Browse project"?

Remember that you cannot "disable" access, only grant it.

raad fageeh January 23, 2019

the permission scheme lists only two roles as allowed. they are

Administrators

and atlassian-addons-project-access

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2019

Which role is your user in?

Like Jon Towles likes this

Suggest an answer