How can I have group of required Multi- checkboxes ?

SRIDHAR July 30, 2012

I have a scenario as below

Please select all the terms to create an issue (required Field)

[] Term1

[] Term2

[] Term3

[] Term4

It is a required field and i need to make sure all the checkboxes are selected before we proceed further . We should not give the user to skip any of the checkboxes and I cannot use radio buttons. Is there anyway we can acheive this in Jira ? Please help.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2012

Maybe create them as separate custom fields? Else you will have to write your own workflow validator.

SRIDHAR July 30, 2012

How can we create custom field separately. Term1 , Term2, Term3 are options of the custom check box Please select all the terms to create an issue (required Field).

Workflow Validator

How can we implement workflow validator on create issue. Before creating an issue , how can you validate. This field is on my create issue screen and once the user selects all the checkboxes then only the issue will be created.

SRIDHAR August 12, 2012

I tried to add a validator on create issue and mentioned by conditions as

cfValues['Please acknowledge'][0] == 'Yes'
cfValues['Please acknowledge.'][1] == 'Yes'
cfValues['Please acknowledge'][2] == 'Yes' cfValues['Please acknowledge.'][3] == 'Yes'

It validates the checkboxes but it won't let me create the issue. I am getting the error message when i click create issue button , please select all the checkboxes .
What am i doing wrong. Please help me out.

Suggest an answer