Handover administrative rights

Juri Damut August 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA system administration

Hi,

I'm going to leave the projects that I manage currently in JIRA Software and Confluence.

My question is how can I handover or move all my administrative rigths to another person for all projects and applications that belongs to me now?

New candidate to replace me as admin for all applications of SEN-6544822 is Aleksei Kiprushenkov.

I suppose to become an ordinary User (with relevant access rights) and later on new admin will Deactivate me from all groups.

Thank You,

Juri Damut

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2016

In your systems, you'll need to add the new admin to the same groups, spaces and roles that you are in (as an admin, if you get the administrator groups done, your new person will be able to find and deal with the roles and space access themselves, so I would not worry about that)

Separately, you have a "my atlassian" account which was used to create and pay for the Software.  Log into that on my.atlassian.com and add the new user as the technical contact for all the applications (and billing, if appropriate).  They can then remove you later.

Suggest an answer